Nuffnang

Sunday, June 3, 2012

On Investing, Being an Investor and Thinking as One

I always believe that proper investing is something that can be learned thru education, attending seminars and trainings, reading books, constant practice and thru other types of learning medium just like any other skills that a person likes to achieve.


But it is on the “thinking as an investor” part that is indeed difficult to teach and practice. Anybody can be taught and learn the skill but the discipline is what makes the difference. And this is what I had been trying to achieve, to experience more, to continue practicing and to share to the readers. As being relatively new to the practice (5 years in the stock market, less than a year experience on mutual funds, UITF and VUL funds, several years on trying to earn from other non-traditional businesses like MLM, direct selling among others and a few number of books read and seminars attended), I’m still too early on my journey and still calibrating and enhancing my mindset and skills towards the investors mind.
Mindset.


That for me is one of the most important points that we need to get stronger with in order to achieve the thinking of an investor. We should have the proper mindset in order to gain the correct discipline, patience and honesty in matters relating to investments. And how to achieve that mindset is what I also like to share on this new blog. I will also try not to be too technical on my articles and try to be as simple and basic as possible, thus with the title “layman investment”. 


As I will help and share as much knowledge as I can, I would also sometimes be referring you to those people and resources that can provide you in-depth explanations if you would like to move up your learning to the next level. But for now, on this site, we’ll try to work hand in hand on learning more the basics of investment and focusing on the foundation of it which is the “investor’s mindset”.

4 comments:

  1. so it has begun... looking forward to your posts pre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totoo to. I read in The Compound Effect: 'Don't ask what you need to do, ask who you want to become.'

    If we want learn how to invest, BE an investor. :)

    Good start.

    ReplyDelete