Nuffnang

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Misunderstood Poor Man's Letter to the Rich Man



Dear Rich Man,


I apologize for almost sounding like a man obsessed in making wealth. I know I’m not like that but that’s what I heard some are saying about me. Some people or maybe most of them think that I already became too materialistic. And that I forgot which I need to prioritize. Some are even laughing at me thinking that my screws got loose already with my illusions of grandeur to think that someday, I’ll become one of the richest persons in the country. Or in the world.


Truth is that my goal is never to make more money nor to become filthy rich. My real objective is to give my family at least a decent kind of living. It’s just as simple as trying to have enough earnings so I can send my kids to reputable schools. I mean those same schools that you went to. Public schools are good. I know.  I went there. But if I have a choice, I know you would understand if I prefer to have my kids go to private schools. I know that you will understand this easily because you also made that choice for your own children.




I’m also doing this to keep my family intact. I don't want to leave for a job abroad as much as possible. We both know how it would increase the risk of having my family broken. Or my kids grow up without my guidance. I believe that with proper knowledge, I can make it here and that I don't have to part ways with my family.


See--> The Rich Man's Reply 
 


I may look up to those tycoons and talk a lot about them and how I think they do their businesses.  But believe me, it is you and where you are is just where I want to be. Not really to surpass you. I just wanted to be like you. You may say that you are not rich. But for me who grew up in that kind of poverty that most of your colleagues never met eyes with, you are rich enough.


It is not greed that drives me to do this. It's my love for my family. As a father, all I want to become is a good provider and protector. I want to keep my family away from harm always. I want them to live in a more secured place, in a more livable community. You know what I'm saying. It's getting more unsafe in our streets and in our neighborhood unlike with yours. Even the number of crimes in public transportation is getting worse than ever.




And I wanted to do something about it now and learn how to do it so I can start managing my time because I wanted to gain more of it to be spent on more important things. I believe that most of you sacrificed effort and time as well when you were beginning. But now, you have more time spent on better things, like your family. And also, to give back to people in need.  In my current stature, I am trying to do that also by sharing to others what I am learning. My time and my concern are the most valuable things I can give them right now. 


I’m just sad that you sometimes talk as if I’m being too much becoming of this world.  Can you do me a favor please? Don’t ever think that I’m forgetting and neglecting about my faith. It is never and will not happen. I assure you.  After all these years of hunger, hardships and sacrifices, our strong faith with Him is still and will always be on top of everything. And I’m aware that I may not achieve what I’m trying to reach. But I believe that even if I die while trying to give my family better things in life, non-materially and materially speaking, He'll never leave my family alone and the seeds which I will plant while I'm still living will help my loved ones grow and mature under God’s guidance and blessings. And if worst things happen to them when I’m no longer around, I hope and believe that people like you will be touched by the Lord’s hand and will reach out your helping hand to them. 




But while I’m still alive and the Lord’s letting me serve my purpose here on earth, I hope you wouldn’t mind what I’m trying to do here. I wouldn’t want to abuse the kindness of people like you. Rather than getting help always, I prefer to be the one helping. And I’m starting to do the helping to myself and to my family. And to others as much as I can. 


Thanks a lot for your time reading this letter. I hope you understand my situation more after this. God bless us all.



Respectfully yours,

Misunderstood Poor man

No comments:

Post a Comment